Ceralu® Al2O3 ceramic foam filters have been successfully used for more than three decades in DC casting as well as continuous casting of aluminium alloys to filter and clean the molten metal. They are available in two special variants. When selecting the filter, you should consider the flow rate of the metal, the total cast tonnage per filter, the cleanliness of the metal fed to the filter, the preheating of the filter, the filter’s chemical composition, as well as the filter’s porosity.
Ceralu® Al2O3 Keyfacts
Our Ceralu® Al2O3 ceramic foam filters are manufactured by way of a certified, quality-tested procedure.
- Excellent chemical resistance: Our filters have excellent chemical resistance to alloying elements and foundry chemicals
- Common sizes: The filters are available in all conventional standard dimensions and porosities
- Custom sizes: The filters are also available in special dimensions and shapes upon request
- Suitable for all alloy types: The filters can be used for all types of alloys
- Gasket: The gasket is applied all around the edge of the filter. It prevents the contact between the filter and filter seat and ensures that no metal can bypass the filter. We offer two different types of gasket:
- Expandable gasket
- Fibre gasket
Have we sparked your interest? Arrange a free consultation with our experts.