Drache produces filter boxes in the common sizes ranging from 7" to 26“ as well as double filter boxes and boxes with two stacked filter seats. We also supply the corresponding inlet, step-up, and outlet launders for all filter box liners. These parts are available in a large variety of dimensions and customized shapes. We also supply a wide range of launder segments, from small cross sections for continuous casting through large segments for billet and rolling ingot casting to transfer launders.
Filter box and launder segment key facts
Drache Fused Silica (DFS) is a refractory material especially developed by Drache for use in aluminium casting, for example in filter box liners and launder segments.
- Developed in-house: Optimised for aluminium casting
- Non-wettability: Very good non-wettability and chemical resistance to all aluminium alloys
- Thermal shock resistance: The material has an excellent thermal shock resistance
- Strength: Very good strength combined with relatively low density
- Custom-tailored: Customised shapes and parts are possible on request
- "Ready to use"
Are you interested in our filter boxes and launder segments? Arrange a free consultation with our experts.